We are pleased to confirm the below workshops will be held virtually in parallel with the regular conference sessions from Monday 3 to Wednesday 5 August 2020. Each workshop will be 1.5 hours, comprising of short presentations by the expert panellists followed by Q&A from the audience.
Workshop 1: Monday 3 August; 1715-1845
Workshop 2: Monday 3 August; 1715-1845
Workshop 3: Tuesday 4 August; 0800-0930
Workshop 4: Tuesday 4 August; 0940-1110
Workshop 5: Wednesday 5 August; 1715-1845
Workshop 6: Wednesday 5 August; 1715-1845
What is over the horizon for nanophotonics fabrication?
- Professor Heike Ebendorff-Heidepriem, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Professor Arnan Mitchell, RMIT University, Australia
- Professor Michael Withford, Macquarie University, Australia
- Dr Torben Deneake, RMIT University, Australia
- Associate Professor Shery Chang, UNSW, Australia
- Dr Jiawen Li, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Associate Professor Dawn Tan, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
Where is my quantum device? Is it going to live up to the hype?
- Professor John Close, Australian National University, Australia
- Professor Andrew White, University of Queensland, Australia
- Dr Cathy Foley, CSIRO, Australia
- Professor Andre Luiten, IPAS, Australia
- Dr Ravi Kumar, Atomionics, Singapore
- Dr Si-Hui Tan, Horizon QC, Singapore & Denmark
Is Terahertz spectrum useful for next generation wireless communications?
- Dr Shaghik Atakaramians, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Professor Ilya Shadrivov, Australian National University, Australia
- Professor Daniel Mittleman, Brown University, USA
- Professor Mona Jarrahi, UCLA, USA
- Dr Iwao Hosako, Terahertz Technology Research Center NICT, Japan
- Professor Ampalavanapillai Nirmalathas, The University of Melbourne, Australia
How can biophotonics research be efficiently translated to clinical practice? What role do biomedical institutes play in this translation?
- Professor Ewa Goldys, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Dr Elizabeth Hinde, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Mark Hutchinson, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Professor Robert McLaughlin, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Professor Anita Mahadevan-Jansen, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Professor Keisuke Goda, University of Tokyo, Japan
What is the value of diversity and inclusiveness in a research organisation? What is the best way to achieve it?
- Professor Ling-An Wu, Institute of Physics, CAS China
- Dr Frederique Vanholsbeeck, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Dr Arti Argawal, UTS, Australia
- Associate Professor Leong-Chuan Kwek, NIE, Singapore
- Professor Kae Nemoto, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Professor Wei-Tao Liu, Fudan University, China
- Professor Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop, University of Queensland, Australia
How can I turn my laboratory result into commercial product?
- Dr Simon Poole, Finisar, Australia
- Professor Cather Simpson, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Dr Cibby Pulikkaseril, Baraja, Australia
- The Hon Ruth Richardson, New Zealand
- Mr Mike Zimmerman, Main Sequence Ventures, Australia
- Mr Hau Koh Foo, Director of the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Singapore
- Associate Professor Carla Meledandri, Silventum Limited, New Zealand